1. Explain the various components of product mix taking the example of any FMCG company.
2. With the help of examples, explain how might a company’s pricing and distribution strategies vary depending on different stages of product life cycle.
3. Explain the concept of Brand Equity. How would you assess the Brand Equity for a carbonated soft drink brand?
4. Your company has been dealing in LCD TVs for the last seven years. Now the company is going to introduce a new range of 3D Plasma TVs. How would you go about planning marketing mix for this new product launch?
5. ‘Packaging helps in product differentiation’. Elaborate the statement with the help of suitable examples.
6. You are going to launch a range of breakfast cereals with low calories and high nutrition value for heath conscious urban women.
(a) What brand name would you suggest for this product? Give reasons in support of your answer.
(b) Suggest a suitable positioning strategy for this product.
7. Discuss the importance of screening of new product ideas. What factors would you consider while screening ideas for an electrical product like Microwave Oven.
8. What do you mean by convenience product and specialty product? How does the buying behavior for two differ? Explain its implications for marketers.