1. You are a cellular telecom operator with strong roots in the urban markets. Due to saturation in the existing markets, you now want to expand into rural areas. How would you modify your current marketing mix strategies according to the rural consumers?
2. Comment upon the effectiveness of wall paintings and the mobile vans as communication media in the rural markets, giving suitable examples.
3. Your company is a marketer of a popular washing powder brand for the last three decades. The company has been witnessing a decline in the sale during the last few years. The report given by the marketing research department has indicated that the entrance of spurious brands in the market is the major reason behind the decline in the sale. Being a marketing manager what measures would you take to increase the sale of the product?
4. What are the challenges involved in the distribution of products in the rural markets? What would you advise to the marketers of consumer durables to address these challenges?
5. “The environmental factors differentiate the rural markets from the urban markets.” Discuss the statement giving suitable examples.
6. Describe the implications of attitude and beliefs of rural customers for the marketer with regard to the following products.(Attempt any three)
a) Motor cycle
b) Bank Loans
c) Packaged tea
d) Skincare products