1. (a) Discuss conceptual model of an operations system. Explain some of the performance objectives in operations management.
(b) Explain the frame work of organising and control in a production system.
2. (a) What are different types of process forms in manufacturing system which are used to effect transformation of inputs into
outputs ? Explain with examples.
(b) Choose a major facility of any organization (manufacturing) and develop a detailed layout for the same.
3. (a) What are the different types of material handling equipment used in large industries ? What type of material handling
system would you recommend for a cement plant.
(b) Discuss advantages and disadvantages of “codification and ‘Standardization’ of material.” Use examples.
4. (a) Discuss purchase procedure with the help of a schematic diagram.
(b) Explain common approaches for price determination.
5. (a) Discuss systems of vendors evaluation and rating. Also give its importance.
(b) List different steps of value engineering approach, used as a product design tool.
6. (a) Explain operating characteristic curve. With the help of the 0.0 curve explain simple sampling plan.
(b) Discuss objectives of maintenance management. List different types of maintenance systems prevalent in manufacturing organisations.
7. . (a) List some of the major line Balancing methods. Explain any one of the method.
(b) What do you understand by scheduling ? Discuss various dispatching rules as used in Industry
8. Write short note on any two of the following :
(a) Materials Requirement Planning
(b) Economic order Quantity
(c) Critical Path Method
(d) Job Design