The IGNOU BEd (Bachelor of Education) programme is undoubtedly an impressive programme employing self-instructional resources, information and communication technologies (ICTs) and personal contact classes. The programme is really a prudent blend of theoretical and practical courses to build up in practicing teacher’s appropriate expertise, abilities, understanding and attitudes. IGNOU BEd programme is recognized by NCTE.
IGNOU BEd Minimum Duration: 2 Years
IGNOU BEd Maximum Duration: 4 Years
IGNOU BEd Bachelor of Education Eligibility
- A Bachelor’s or higher degree from a recognized university, and
- In service teachers with 2 years full-time regular teaching experience on temporary/permanent basis as Primary/Graduate/Post-Graduate Teachers in Primary, Secondary/Higher/Senior secondary school recognized by the central or a state government or a union territory are eligible to take admission.
- Age no bar
IGNOU B.Ed Bachelor of Education Goals
- To systematise experiences and bolster the professional skill of in-service teachers.
- To build up abilities required in working with the educational and personal issues of pupils.
- To cultivate skills associated with choosing, creating and ultizing evaluation tools.
- To deliver information and create understanding about numerous elements of school administration.
- To build up competencies for arranging different training and student-support activities.
- To cultivate skills needed in selection and organizing learning activities.
- To imbibe the expertise and create understanding of numerous techniques and methods of organizing learning activities of secondary school students.
- To recognise the nature of the student as well as learning techniques.
- To accumulate knowledge and build understanding concerning the diverse methods and techniques of assessment along with their class room use.
- To develop admiration of the function of the instructor in the existing socio-cultural and political framework in general, and also the educational system specifically.
IGNOU BEd Admission
Filled application form should be submitted at the concerned Regional Centre. Admission for BEd will likely be completed Regional Centre-wise based on the score attained in the entrance test conducted by IGNOU across India. Mere allowing candidates to take Entrance Test wouldn’t amount to acceptance of their eligibility for admission to IGNOU B.Ed. The ultimate entry will be subject to their merit in the entrance test and also production of proof of their eligibility along with original certificates and programme fee.
IGNOU BEd Entrance Exam (Test)
|Section I- General English Comprehension||10||10|
|Section II Logical & Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Section III Educational & General Awareness||25||25|
|Section IV Teaching-Learning & the School||25||25|
|Part – B|
|Section V Subject Competence (any one)
iii) Social Studies
IGNOU BEd Syllabus
Course Code Course Name Credits
ES-331 Curriculum and Instruction 4
ES-332 Psychology of Learning & Development 4
ES-333 Educational Evaluation 4
ES-334 Education and Society 4
ES-335 Teacher and School 4
IGNOU BEd Second Year
Course Code Course Name Credits
ES-341 Teaching of Science 4
ES-342 Teaching of Mathematics 4
ES-343 Teaching of Social Studies 4
ES-344 Teaching of English 4
ES-345 Teaching of Hindi 4
ES-361 Educational Technology 4
ES-362 Computer in Education 4
ES-363 Guidance and Counselling 4
ES-364 Distance Education 4
BESE-065 HIV and AIDS Education 4
BESE-066 Adolescence and Family Education 4
ES-381 School-based Practicals 4
ES-382 Workshop-based Practicals 4
ES-383 Practice Teaching 8
ES-346 Teaching of Tamil 4
More Information – IGNOU B.Ed Bachelor of Education
Application form and prospectus for IGNOU BEd Bachelor of Education can also be downloaded from the website : www.ignou.ac.in. Student Handbook and Prospectus for IGNOU BEd Programme can be obtained from the Registrar (SRD), IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110 068 and from all the Regional Centres of IGNOU.