1. (a) What is UML Why is UML used? What are International diagrams and why are they used? Explain types of Interaction diagrams.
(b) What is Inheritance? Explain the two main types of Inheritance giving examples of each.
(c) Explain the utility of ‘this’ pointer with the help of an example.
(d) What are Macros? How are they different from in-line functions? Explain with the help of examples.
(e) Write a menu-driven program in C++ to add, modify and search a student record in a file.
2. (a) What are Virtual Functions? Explain their utility with an example. Explain pure virtual function.
(b) Explain any five disadvantages of the C programming language as compared to C++.
3. Explain the following terms with suitable examples.
(a) Size of operator
(b) && and ||
(c) ++i and i++
(e) Throw exception
4. (a) How can a library of your own functions be created? Create a library to include the functions power (x,n) and swap (a,b).
(b) What is Reusability? Explain any five factors that influence reusability.
5. (a) Write a class template using C++ for creating a linked list.
(b) How can objects be passed as arguments to a function? Using this method, write a program for adding two matrices.