1. (a) Three married couples are to cross a river in a boat which can hold only 2 persons one of whom must row the boat. Each of the three husbands is a jealous men. Who will not allow his wife to be left in the company of other man, unless he is also present. Show how the jealous husbands and their wives can accomplish the trip. Represent all the states Initial State Gloat State and
Intermediate States for the problem ?
(b) What is a filter in MS – Excel ? What are auto filter and Advanced filters ? Explain with an example.
(c) What is a chart wizard ? Create a chart using a chart wizard. What are the components of chart wizard ?
(d) What is Browser ? List categories of Browsers ? Write about advantages and disadvantages of Two web browsers.
(e) What is a Domain Name System (DNS) What are different ways of classifying DNS ? Explain with an example.
2. (a) You have given 13 coins, one of them is heavier than the rest. Explain how can you determine it in no more than three
weighings ? Use Decision Trees.
(b) What is the remainder left after dividing 1! +2! +3! +4! + …… +100! by 5 ?
3. (a) What are two different ways of connecting to Internet ? Give two advantages and disadvantages of each.
(b) What is a Search Engine ? What are it usage ? How to use it ? List two search engines.
4. (a) What is a template in Excel ? Explain why is template called special work book ? What are auto templates ? Discuss with the help of an example.
(b) What is a Pivot table ? What is the use of pivot table ? Explain how do you create a pivot table ?
5. Write short notes on the following
(b) Format painter in Excel
(c) Mailing Lists
(d) Decanting problems
(e) Internet Applications