1. (a) Describe how fixed length record I/O and variable length I/O are implemented in UNIX system.
(b) Design an algorithm and draw a corresponding flow chart to generate the fibonacci series.
(c) Write a shell program that counts the number of words and lines in a given tex file.
(d) What is meant by Segmentation ? With the help of a diagram, explain the address translation scheme in a segmentation
(e) Explain the processes involved in Prototyping model. Also, differenciate between Unit testing and Integration testing
with the help of an example for each.
2. (a) Explain the criteria to select a CASE Tool. Also, explain any two CASE Tools.
(b) How is a directory in WINDOWS categorised in terms of its file structure ? Explain with a diagram.
3. (a) List and explain the mechanism to support the file protection in multiuser environment
(b) Define the purpose/use of following UNIX Commands.
4. (a) What is deadlock ? Explain the essential requirements or conditions for deadlock to occur.
(b) Explain the functionality and implementation of two pass assembles.
5. (a) Construct context free grammer for the switch and if – else statements as given in C language.
(b) Name and explain two disk allocation methods. Mention their relative advantages and disadvantages.