SECTION – A
Answer the following questions in 500 words each.
1. Discuss the experimental and non-experimental methods in social psychology.
2. What are the main characteristics of attitudes? Discuss cognitive dissonance theory with reference to attitude formation and change.
3. Describe the factors that affect conformity. Illustrate your answer with experimental studies.
SECTION – B
Answer the following questions in 200 words each.
1. Discuss the relation of social psychology to sociology and anthropology.
2. Compare Jone’s and Davis’ theory of correspondence inference theory of attitude with Kelly’s covariation principle.
3. Discuss the role of emotional states in person perception.
4. Define group. Discuss the types of group with reference to the level of organization.
5. Define norms. Discuss the types of norms.
SECTION – C
Answer the following questions in 50 words each.
1. Define the concept of social influence.
2. Enlist the goals of research in social psychology.
3. What is group mind?
4. Discuss briefly the contribution of Gordon W. Allport to social psychology.
5. Differentiate between schemas and heuristics.
6. Explain the fundamental attribution error in attribution.
7. Define social loafing and discuss briefly main characteristics of social loafing.
8. Define and differentiate between primary and secondary group.
9. Define and differentiate attitude and belief.
10. What is the social identity function of attitudes?